Franklin Thomas Fomby, Sr.
- A man who learns is a man who gains
- Its your world son, I am just passing through
Clifton Edward Fomby (Me)
I awoke one night and had to put this down before I forgot it… kinda makes sense
- The stars in the skies are but books in the library of life. Each one a different journey to the same destination
CW4 Douglas Jackson
- Nothing is impossible for the man giving the orders
Chucker (a young man wise beyond his years I met playing a video game called Day of Defeat: Source)
1st Lesson of the day Try to be at peace for however long you can in your life
2nd Lesson enjoy life
3 lesson go get a burger to enjoy life!
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on
- To be a poet is a condition, not a profession
- God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
*If you know who I can attribute these quotes to, please feel free to email me so that I can give credit where its due.
- Treat life like a dog, If you can’t eat it or hump it…piss on it and forget it
- If you can’t stand behind our troops, I dare you to stand in front of them.
- What the fuck, over!
- Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver
- 75.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot
- Ones perception, is ones reality
- I feel the need, the need for speed. Top Gun (1986)
- Sometimes you just gotta say, “What the fuck, make your move.” Risky Business (1983)
- I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass… and I’m all out of bubblegum. They Live (1988)
- Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen. The Rock (1996)
- Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us… In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain… …and an athlete……and a basket case……a princess……and a criminal… Does that answer your question?… Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club (1985)
- There’s not a day goes by I don’t feel regret. Not because I’m in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can’t. That kid’s long gone and this old man is all that’s left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It’s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don’t give a shit. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Get busy living, or get busy dying The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Take a look at a castle. Any castle. Now break down the key elements that make it a castle. They haven’t changed in a thousand years. 1: Location. A site on high ground that commands the territory as far as the eye can see. 2: Protection. Big walls, walls strong enough to withstand a frontal attack. 3: A garrison. Men who are trained and willing to kill. 4: A flag. You tell your men you are soldiers and that’s your flag. You tell them nobody takes our flag. And you raise that flag so it flies high where everyone can see it. Now you’ve got yourself a castle. The Last Castle (2001)
- carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. Latin for: Seize the day and place no trust in tomorrow.
- Semper Fidelis United States Marine Corps
- You caught me, you caught the Tater – Ron White
- You might be a redneck … Jeff Foxworthy
- Get r done! – Larry the Cable Guy
- Here’s your sign – Bill Engvall